Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Conversations with my four year old

Four Year Old: Mommy, remember when I told you that I was never going to get married and stay living with you and Daddy? Well, I changed my mind. I am going to get married when I grow up.

Mommy: Really? What changed your mind. Did you meet the man you are going to marry or something?

Four Year Old: Well no, I just decided. But if when I grow up, Jxxxxxx and I are still the same age and he is grown up too, maybe I would marry him. I think I would like that if he liked that.

a few days later . . .

Four Year Old: Remember when I said I was going to get married when I grow up?

Mommy: Yes

Four Year Old: Well, I didn't change my mind again or anything, but I think I am going to live with you and daddy first and then get married when I am 58.

Mommy: Hmm. That's a good plan. That would mean mommy and daddy were 100 years old when you get married.

Four Year Old: Mommy, do you think you and daddy will live 100 years? How about 1000 years?

Mommy: I know we will, if not on earth then in heaven.

Four Year Old: Mom, then if you are talking about living in heaven, then nobody really dies.

3 comments:

2Forgetful said...

What a great conversation. I can't wait until mine can talk. Children have the most beautiful thoughts.

Lauren D. McKinney said...

Oh my gawrsh. You're actually writing something here! Hooray for you. I was looking for your email. Read my blog today, OK?

Perky said...

Look at you, Blogger-girl!!! When did you start actually blogging? I thought you had the account just to read and comment on other people's blogs! I'll have to check back more often!!!!