Friday, January 12, 2007

Week One - Workout Number Two

The weather decided to turn cold. Nonetheless, I saw three people running yesterday when I was out. I am a cold weather wimp.

So daughter#2 and I opted to do our workout on the the treadmill. I was going to let her go first, but she got reading and forgot.

I ended up getting on about 30 minutes before dinner, making it necessary to ask DH to put the food in the over at a certain time.

The dogs decided to join me in the work-out room. The puppy was overly fascinated by the moving belt. I walked the warm up and ran the first segment only to realize I was listening to the sound clip for Week Two. Argh!

Trying to reorient the ipod to what I was doing without stopping my work out was, to say the least, frustrating. I hope the ipod is not broken.

Meanwhile, DH came in to ask me a question about the food and locked the dog and puppy in the work-out room with me. Puppy celebrated by peeing and then pooping. Nice smell. My patience was wearing.

Daughter#2 came in to say A* was on the phone. Thinking she meant Daughter#1, I asked her to tell her I was on the treadmill. However, it was a different A*. Daughter#2 then went into a long explanation of the phone call, which I couldn't hear because of the noise of 1) the treadmill and 2) the noise of the ipod. I turned off the ipod and gave her grief. Made her cry (sorry honey) and then couldn't get the ipod restarted.

My reaction? Let's just assume you wouldn't have wanted to be there.

After a five minute venting rant to the whole family about how come yada yada, I resumed my run.

(Hmm. . . sounds like it was all about me - Oops.)

No ipod this time. It wouldn't restart. I just followed the the time counter on the treadmill.

I suppose it counted as work out. Tommorrow is a new day.

No comments: